Zucchini slices are layered with cheese and tomato sauce and pan-fried for a quick and easy crustless pizza appetizer.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or as needed
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend
- Heat enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a large skillet over medium heat; arrange zucchini slices in the hot oil. Sprinkle zucchini slices with red pepper flakes, garlic salt, and onion salt. Fry until zucchini slices are slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle each slice with Romano cheese and spoonful of tomato sauce; cook until cheese just begins to melt, 2 to 3 minutes. Top tomato sauce layer with Mexican cheese blend; cover skillet and cook until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.