Potato salad, Wisconsin-style, is made with cheese curds. It would make a great side dish for brats.
- 8 red potatoes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 6 ounces Cheddar cheese curds, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- black pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two. Let the potatoes cool enough to handle, and peel; allow the potatoes to cool thoroughly. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, cheese curds, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and seasoned salt; mix thoroughly. Top the potato salad with hard-boiled egg slices and sprinkle with black pepper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.