Haddock filets baked in mushroom soup and stuffing seasoned with a blend of herbs.
- 3 cups soft bread cubes
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch ground savory
- 1 pinch dried marjoram
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 pounds haddock fillets
- 1 cup crushed buttery round crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix the diced bread, onion, salt and herbs together.
- Combine the soup with milk, stirring until creamy.
- In the bottom of the prepared dish, layer half of the fish, half of the bread mixture and half of the soup mixture. Repeat layers and cover top with cracker crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated oven for 1 hour or until fish is flaky with a fork.