Made with lemon juice, zest, and extract, this triple lemon pound cake will always get rave reviews.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour, sifted twice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Beat butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add oil; beat until creamy. Pour in sugar and beat until thoroughly incorporated, pausing to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Add to the sugar mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix in lemon zest and juice. Add extracts. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 90 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack. Remove from the pan when cool.