Real party pleasers, these cheese tortellini are shaken up with bread and cornflake crumbs, then deep-fried to a mouth-watering golden brown. Try them dipped in tomato sauce!
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated or fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried parsley, to taste
- oil for deep frying
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse under cool water, and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, cornflake crumbs, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep skillet over medium heat. In small batches, dip the tortellini in egg, and place in resealable bag. Shake to coat, and set aside on a plate until the oil is hot.
- In batches, deep fry breaded tortellini until golden brown. Serve with tomato sauce for dipping.