Pork chops are slow-cooked with barley, mushrooms, onion and garlic for a deliciously easy dinner.
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 pork chops
- ½ cup barley
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Rub chopped garlic and 1 teaspoon salt into pork chops.
- Place barley in slow cooker and top with pork chops. Cover with white mushrooms and chopped onion. Add chicken broth, water, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, salt and a few grinding of fresh black pepper.
- Set slow cooker to low. Cover and cook 8 hours.