This quick and easy falafel is baked in the oven and served alongside a sour cream and salsa dip for a great weeknight meal.
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Mash garbanzo beans, whole-wheat flour, garlic, wheat germ, onion, soy sauce, and salt together in a bowl until well combined.
- Shape garbanzo bean mixture into 12 one-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes; flip and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and salsa together in a bowl for the dip.