A tasty alternative to the typical picnic potato salad is made with roasted red potatoes, bacon, eggs, green onion, celery and mayonnaise. It's easy to make and you can adjust most ingredients to suit your own personal taste.
- 10 red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- olive oil, or as needed
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- ½ stalk celery, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Spread potato pieces onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes; remove from oven and let cool at least 15 minutes.
- Place roasted potatoes into a large salad bowl and combine with hard-cooked eggs, celery, green onion, and bacon; stir in mayonnaise and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to let flavors blend.