A sweetened mustard vinaigrette, with just a dab of mayonnaise, dresses a pasta salad full of festive vegetables such as broccoli, cucumbers and bell peppers. Toss everything with shredded Cheddar cheese, then chill before serving.
- 1 pound seashell pasta
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse with cool water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped vegetables, sugar, oil, mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, and shredded Cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Stir in pasta. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours before serving.