Mash cloves of garlic into a paste and add to plain yogurt to make a tart and pungent pasta sauce. Toss with warm buttery noodles and garnish with parsley. Toasted pine nuts sprinkled over the top make this dish a special treat.
- 1 (16 ounce) package pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash the salt and garlic cloves together into a paste. Warm the yogurt slightly in a sauce pan. Remove a small amount of warmed yogurt from the pan, and stir together with the garlic paste. Stir this mixture into the remaining yogurt
- Drain the pasta, and rinse in cold water. Place in a casserole or deep serving dish, toss with 1 tablespoon butter or margarine. Toss with half of the garlic-yogurt sauce. Spread the remaining sauce over the pasta. Garnish with the parsley.
- For a very special dish, brown the pine nuts in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. Pour over the parsley. Serve immediately.