A rich addition to any keto diet, this satisfying chicken and mushroom soup is thickened with heavy cream and enhanced with fresh tarragon.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, divided
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic; saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms; saute until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour in chicken stock and 2 tablespoons tarragon; reduce heat to low. Season with salt. Cover and simmer soup until flavors are combined, about 25 minutes.
- Stir cream into the soup; cook until heated through but not boiling. Serve soup with pepper and the remaining tarragon on top.