A pretty strawberry dessert made with angel food cake and rich, creamy mascarpone cheese shows off its colors in a glass trifle dish.
- 1 quart ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip®), thawed
- 1 (10 inch) prepared angel food cake, torn into bite-size pieces
- Set aside a few pretty strawberry slices for garnish; sprinkle remaining strawberries with sugar in a bowl and let stand for 10 minutes for juice to form.
- Mix mascarpone cheese and whipped topping together in a separate bowl. Place torn pieces of angel food cake into a trifle dish; spread strawberries and their juice on cake pieces and top with mascarpone mixture. Decorate with retained strawberry slices. Refrigerate until serving time.