Red bell peppers stuffed with turkey, brown rice, green onions, and Gouda cheese are a bright and tasty dinner in line with the FODMAP diet.
- 1 cup chicken broth (such as Progresso™)
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 6 red bell peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup diced green onion tops
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 pinch dried basil, or to taste
- 1 pinch dried parsley, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- Bring chicken broth and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook red bell peppers until slightly softened, about 10 minutes. Drain; arrange upright in a baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine turkey and green onions in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until turkey is browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in brown rice, tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper; cook until flavors combine, about 10 minutes. Stir in Gouda cheese until melted, about 1 minute.
- Stuff red bell peppers with turkey mixture. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until turkey mixture is heated through, about 25 minutes.