Simple peanut butter cookies with the traditional crisscross on the top.
- 1 ¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup margarine
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, margarine, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Form dough into walnut sized balls and place them 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Dip a fork into flour and criss cross each cookie to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until just lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.