This creamy vegan macaroni and cheese gets its cheesy flavor from nutritional yeast and is easy to make when you're craving comfort food.
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup rice bran oil, divided
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl; toss with 1 tablespoon rice bran oil.
- Combine remaining rice bran oil, soy milk, nutritional yeast, garlic, mustard, and paprika in a high-powered food processor or blender; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour soy milk mixture over elbow macaroni in the bowl; toss to mix. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until center is bubbling, about 20 minutes.