Fresh peaches wrapped in crescent roll dough are doused with butter, sugar, and citrus soda and baked into these juicy, decadent turnovers.
- 3 large peaches, peeled and pitted
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle caffeinated citrus-flavored soda (such as Mountain Dew®)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut peaches into 16 crescent-shaped slices.
- Unroll crescent roll dough on a flat work surface and separate into 16 triangles. Place a peach slice at the base of each triangle and roll up to enclose in the dough. Arrange turnovers in a baking pan.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Pour evenly over the turnovers in the baking pan. Pour citrus-flavored soda over the turnovers. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until turnovers are golden brown and liquid is bubbling, 30 to 40 minutes.