Bacon and Tater Tots® are baked with eggs and veggies in these delicious egg cups, an easy breakfast to take on the run in the morning.
- 24 frozen bite-size potato nuggets (such as Tater Tots®)
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, or to taste
- 10 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spread potato nuggets onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until nuggets are half-cooked, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool until easily handled. Cut each nugget in half.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, onion, red bell pepper, spinach, green onions, and sun-dried tomatoes for 5 minutes. Drain excess liquid and stir in chopped bacon.
- Beat eggs, cream, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Spoon bacon mixture into the prepared muffin cups and top each with Monterey Jack cheese. Pour egg mixture over cheese layer until each cup is nearly full. Place 4 potato nugget halves into each.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set in the middle, 20 to 25 minutes.