Bacon and Gorgonzola cheese make these Brussels sprouts some of the best you'll ever eat!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, or to taste
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon, but leave the drippings; blot the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble when cool.
- Stir the onion and salt into the hot fat over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour in the water and Dijon mustard. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the water comes to a boil. Scrape the pan to dissolve the brown bits in the water. Add the Brussels sprouts and vinegar. Cook, stirring often, until the Brussels sprouts are tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Toss with bacon and Gorgonzola cheese crumbles to serve.